Market Steer, Market Heifer, and Dairy Steer Weigh-in will be January 7th, 2023 at the Jackson County Fairgrounds from 9:00-11:00 AM.
PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Please call in your beef project before January 3rd. You can call and let us know how many animals you plan to weigh-in at (740) 286-5044.
- If we need to cancel due to bad weather, the weigh-in will be rescheduled for January 21st from 9-11 am.
- There is a $5 pen fee per animal.
- County Bred forms must be filled out and turned in at the weigh-in. County Bred forms can be found online at go.osu.edu/JacksonFair
- Market beef animals must be born after December 1st, 2021.
- All steers must be castrated by 8 months of age per ODA guidelines.
- Market Heifers will follow the same rules as market steers. Market heifers must not be pregnant and any embryo flushing is NOT allowed.
- All cattle must have a halter with a lead strap on before exiting the trailer or they will not be weighed.
Steer DNA testing kits for Ohio State Fair entries will be available at weigh-in. Kits are also available at the Extension Office during normal business hours. Steer DNA Testing is due at the State Fair Office by Jan 15th. Kits will be need to be mailed by Jan 10th.