What is 4-H Camp?
- It's youth challenging themselves on a high ropes course, braiding a friendship bracelet, swimming in a lake, learning a line dance, and becoming lifelong friends with their cabinmates.
- It's counselors leading a nature hike, knowing the words to all the songs, creating the best skits at campfire, and making a homesick camper smile.
- It's 4-H professionals training teen counselors, recruiting adult volunteers, purchasing supplies, and setting the stage for a camper's memory of the best week of the summer.
- It's camping facilities featuring hands-on outdoor education, adventure, and challenges that develop leadership, citizenship, and life skills in young people.
- Here's what Ohio 4-H Campers had to say after their camping experiences:
- 96% either agreed or strongly agreed that they had someone to look up to at camp
- 97% said they made a new friend at camp
- 94% indicated that they learned something new
- 97% said they will recommend camp to their friends
- 98% want to return to camp next year
Teen Camp is open to both 4-H'rs and non 4-H'rs.
COST: $170 (4-H Members), $180 (non 4-H Members) ~ includes a camp picture
Registration information can be found at go.osu.edu/Jackson4HCamp