Junior Fair Exhibitors,
Please read the following messages carefully for important reminders and clarifications about the upcoming Jackson County Fair. Counting down the days!
ALL market animals need to have a DUNF form on file by July 16th!!
- Poultry Exhibitors: PLEASE WAIT to turn in yout DUNF until your poultry are weighed-in and given leg bands (ID). Once your poultry have ID, please immediately submit the DUNF online.
- Please go to th Animal Project Information page for animal project reminders.
Mandatory Barn meeting
ALL livestock exhibitors (all species) are required to attend the Mandatory Barn Meeting on Sunday, July 16th at 11:30 AM in the Show Arena.
Large Animal Livestock Weigh-In will immediately follow the Barn Meeting.
Due to a lack of pen space, all exhibition poultry ("fancy" poultry) should be brought in and out of the fairgrounds the day of the poultry show. Exhibition poultry will NOT be staying at the Fair the entire week and should arrive and exit the fairgrounds the day of the poultry show.
Reminder that the Live (on-hoof) Exhibition of the first Market Steer Carcass Class will be Wednesday, July 12th at 7:00 PM in the Show Arena.
Exhibitors interested in learning more about farm to table practices are invited to Circle M Meats on Thursday, July 20th at noon to experience the first ever Jackson County Market Steer Carcass Class Hanging Show. Youth will work with the carcass judge as she explains the placings for those Carcass Steers on display.
- Those interested in attending should RSVP to Tammy Mercer at (740) 418-3052.
Friendly reminder that tackboxes should not enter the fairgrounds until after 5:00 PM on Monday, July 10th through Wednesday, July 12th. Following those dates, tackboxes should arrive with animals.
There are designated areas for tackboxes, with additional space made outside the cattle barn and lamb & goat barn. Tackboxes should be in their designated areas and NOT in the main aisleways.
There is to be ONE fan per pen. Extension chords should NOT be in the aisleways. Please use the closest electrical outlet to your pen. Pen assignments will be made available on July 10th after 5:00 PM.
Passes & Club Packets
Season Fair Passes, Ag Society Memberships, and Advisor/Club Packets will be available in Fair Board Office on the following days/times:
- Monday, July 10th 5:00-6:30pm
- Tuesday, July 11th 4:30-8:00pm
- Wednesday, July 12th 5:00-8:00pm
- Thursday, July 13th 5:00-7:00pm
- Friday, July 14th 5:00-7:00pm
- Saturday, July 15th all day on grounds
- Sunday, July 16th all day on grounds
Please call Gerald Fulkerson at (740) 978-7897 to make other arrangements.
Reminder that the Junior Fair 4-H Dog Show will be held on Wednesday, July 12th at 6:00 PM in the Commercial Building. The date in the Fairbook is inadvertently incorrect.
- The Dog Show is NOT ON THURSDAY!
Patterns for the Horse Show along with a riding schedule have been posted on the Jackson County 4-H Horse Committee's Facebook Page and in the Jackson County 4-H Horse Program Facebook Group.
- Friday, July 14th: Horses can be moved in Midnight - 6:00am (Sat Morning)
- Saturday, July 15th: Horses can be moved in 11pm-11am (Sunday Morning)
- Sunday July 16 @ 11:30am: Barn Meeting All Speices.
- MANDATORY Horse Meeting right after Livestock Weigh-In is over. We will meet in the horse arena.
Stall Decoration winners will be judged and announced on Wednesday evening during the show.
Since the Rodeo starts at 7:00 PM on Thursday, July 20th, the Fun Show has been moved to 9:30 PM. Mud volleyball will follow after the Fun Show.
4-H Demonstrated or Illustrated Talk Contest
The 4-H Demonstrated or Illustrated Talk Contest will will take place on Wednesday, July 19th at 1:00 PM in the 4-H Building. The date in the Fairbook is inadvertently incorrect.
- Guidelines and entry forms can be found online at go.osu.edu/JacksonCountyFair.
Junior Fair Fun Night
In lieu of normal Junior Fair Fun Night activities, the Junior Fair Board will be offering a mini fun night and barn dance on Wednesday, July 19th in the Show Arena following the Beef Show.
Those non-livestock project exhibitors whose club's are not displaying a club booth in the 4-H Building MUST display their project exhibits in the Community Booth to be elligible for their fair premiums. Please bring your project displays during Booth Decorating Tuesday, July 11th and Wednesday, July 12th from 5:00-8:00 PM.
The 4-H Awards ceremony will take place on Monday, July 17 at 5:00 PM. ALL 4-H members who participated in Skillathon and exhibited non-livestock projects should attend the Awards Ceremony to collect their awards.
The 4-H Awards ceremony will take place on Monday, July 17 at 5:00 PM. Graduating 4-H Seniors will be recognized and should wear their caps and gowns from spring graduation.
Seniors have the opportunity to create a senior board to display during the fair. Frames and boards will be provided by the 4-H Advisory Council. Seniors can pick up their boards at 4-H Booth Setup on Wednesday, July 12th from 5-8 PM or at the Livestock Office at the Fairgrounds later this week. Seniors should bring their completed boards to the Barn Meeting on Saturday to be displayed in the 4-H Building throughout fair week. At the latest, seniors should complete their boards before 3:00 PM the day of the Livestock Sale on Friday, July 21st so they can be displayed at the sale.
Boards should be comprised of photos, stickers, etc. to memorialize their 4-H Career. An example board can be found here.
Cloverbud Graduation Cap Decorating
Graduating 2nd Grade Cloverbuds have the opportunity to decorate graduation caps to wear during their Cloverbud Graduation Ceremony.
Decorating will take place during 4-H Booth Decorating on either:
- Tuesday, July 11th from 5:00 - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, July 12th from 5:00 - 7:00 PM
Cloverbud youth will receive a free white graduation cap to decorate with green decorations. Any specific decorating supplies wanted should be brought to decorating with the Cloverbud to use.
Cloverbud Graduation Ceremony
Graduating 2nd Grade Cloverbuds will be recognized along with graduating 4-H seniors during the 4-H Awards Ceremony on Monday, July 17th at 5:00 PM. Cloverbud graduates are encouraged to wear their graduation caps and a 4-H t-shirt.
Cloverbud Recognition & Barn Tour
Finally, on Thursday, July 20th at 3:00 PM, Cloverbud Advisors will be leading a Cloverbud Recognition and Barn Tour for ALL 4-H Cloverbuds.
Other Contests Entry Forms Due Soon!
Guidelines and entry forms can be found at go.osu.edu/JacksonCountyFair
- Secretaries Books - DUE Monday, July 17th @ noon (Deadline Extended)
- Guidelines can be found at go.osu.edu/Jackson4HYouth
- Tablescapes - DUE Monday, July 10th
- Demonstration Contest - DUE Monday, July 17th @ noon(Deadline Extended)
- Beautification Projects - Due Monday, July 17th @ noon
- Pen Decorations - Due Monday, July 17th @ noon
- Thank You Posters - Due Friday, July 21st @ noon
Reminder to give a little grace this fair season! Make the best better this fair season and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Please contact the Extension Office or Livestock Committee with any questions,