Check out the Benefits of Camp by clicking here or checking out the information below...
Teen Winter Retreat ~ February 1-2, 2019 at Canter's Cave 4-H Camp
2020 Camp Dates and Information....Coming Soon!
For more information, or to acquire a registration form, download a PDF version of the 4-H Camp Brochure and other useful information using the links below:
4-H Camp Brochure and Registration Form | Download PDF
Health Forms, Release Forms and General Information | Download PDF
Camp Scholarship Application | Download PDF
2019 Camp Dates, Costs, Ages
- Cloverbud Overnight Camp: June 21-22 $65 ($35 for additional youth)
- Beginner (3rd, 4th & 5th) Grade Camp: June 10-13 $147 ($157 non 4-H members)
- Junion High (6th, 7th & 8th) Grade Camp: June 18-21 $147 ($157 non 4-H members)
- Teen Camp: June 14-17 $151 ($161 non 4-H members)
- STEM Camp: June 3-5 (grades 5-7) WEBSITE
- State Special Needs Camp: July 27-29
- Ohio 4-H Junior Shooting Education Camp: June 2-June 30, ages 9-12, $225.00 WEBSITE
- Ohio 4-H Senior Shooting Education Camp: July 14-19, ages 12-18, $325.00 WEBSITE
Contact the Extension Office for more information on these camps: 740-286-5044 Ext: 25
Objectives of 4-H Camping
- To have educational, recreational, and social experiences in outdoor living away from home.
- To provide opportunities to meet and learn to get along with other people by living together and participating in a camping experience.
- To provide opportunities for youth to learn to take responsibility for their own decisions and actions.
- To offer new experiences for youth by exploring new interests, or by exposing them to new approaches to old interests, such as nature, aquatics, music, and other life skills that cannot be provided as effectively outside of camp.
- To teach youth about citizenship and the importance of being a responsible citizen.
- To discover and provide opportunities for developing leadership skills.
- To discover special talents among campers and teen leaders and provide opportunities for developing these talents.
- To learn to meet individual and group responsibilities.
- To enrich the ongoing 4-H club program and to involve youth in unit 4-H clubs.
- To have fun.
- To be inspired to practice better 4-H club membership.